Chef de Partie - Riverside Pub - Negotiable - Derbyshire
By MRC, Sep 11 2015 03:27PM
Location Melbourne, Derbyshire
Hours Full time
Our Client is looking for a skilled Chef de Partie to join the team in their popular riverside pub. You will be joining them at an exiting time as they expand their existing highly acclaimed lunchtime carvery with the offer of an extensive casual dining offer across both lunchtimes and evenings.
What they are looking for...
An experienced Chef de Partie to work with them in This new role in a successful, secure, family run & expanding business with more than 40 years continuous trading history at the same licensed premises.
- Minimum 4 years kitchen experience
- Minimum 6 months experience of managing / supervising a team
- Have the legal right to work in the UK and a valid National Insurance Number
- A full driving licence and unlimited access to a vehicle
- Possess BTEC / HND / NVQ Level 3 catering qualification
- A good working knowledge of the safer food better business procedures
The right candidate will...
Lead, develop and inspire a small kitchen team
Take responsibility for cost control, stock rotation, wastage and ordering.
Be passionate about serving up great food dishes you are proud of
Demonstrate an eye for detail and ensure all dishes are to spec even under pressure
Be able to take direction and work as part of a team
Work all stations and undertake all tasks within kitchen operations as deemed necessary
- 5 day working week
- Mondays (excluding bank holidays) & Tuesdays off
- Split shifts Wednesday to Saturday incl
- Sunday daytime shift with evening off
- 28 days paid annual leave calculated pro rata
- Meals on shift
Wages will be negotiable and dependent on the applicant’s skill set
The business is not a minimum wage employer and exceeds the “living wage” in all permanent jobs by over 21’s
Excellent live in accommodation may be available for the role if employed in conjunction with a 30 hr/wk Front of House role for their partner
Immediate start for the right candidate
JOB ID 77