Junior Sous Chef - Organic Cafe - 18-20k - Loughborough
By MRC, Aug 5 2015 12:16PM
Hours Full Time, 40-45 per week
Our Client is looking for a skilled Junior Sous Chef to join their team. This organic cafe prides its self on using fresh sourced products as much as possible, the majority of their fruit and vegetables come from their own land, the meat comes almost exclusively from their own livestock.
What they are looking for...
An experienced chef to work in all areas of the kitchen who would also be required to cover the Head and Sous Chefs for holidays and absence. This position would suit a person who is looking to advance their career and step up from a Chef de Partie position into a junior management role.
- Ensure all Food Safety and Hygiene guidelines are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring that all dishes that leave the kitchen are of a consistently high standard
- Covering all areas of the kitchen (hot dishes, cold dishes and pastry section)
- Maintaining a high standard of kitchen cleanliness
- Storing all produce correctly
- Cover the Head and Sous chef for holidays or absence
The right candidate will...
Be organised and have good communication skills
Want to further their skills
Have a good knowledge of Food safety and hygiene
Must hold an up to date level 2 hygiene certificate
Have own transport due to location
Have a minimum of 3 years experience
Have previous experience in a busy kitchen role
Meals on duty
A competitive salary of 18-20k dependant on experience
Working 5 days a week 40-45hours with variable shifts
JOB ID 72