Senior Sous Chef - 24-26k - Matlock - Derbyshire
By MRC, Apr 5 2018 05:24PM
Location Wirksworth, Matlock, Derbyshire
Salary £24000 - £26000
Hours Full Time
JOB ID - MRC001
Our client is looking for a skilled Senior Sous chef to join there small kitchen team preparing fresh, vibrant, contemporary British food.
The successful candidate will be working 8 hours per day with a mixture of late and early shifts, 5 days a week. You will be serving brunch (awarded best breakfast in derbyshire 2018) , lunch and dinner.
Nestled in a small creative town in Derbyshire’s beautiful Peak District, you will get the chance to work with high quality and local produce in a welcoming family run bistro.
The right candidate will...
- Assist the Head Chef and in their absence, leading the kitchen team, ensuring every guest leaves happy and wanting to return.
- Maintain the 5 star Food Safety rating at all times and ensure that the food is consistently good quality and to the correct specification.
- To help meet and exceed the company food GP budget.
- Assist with training all of the kitchen team on how to achieve food margins. Order stock to the appropriate levels and not over order.
- Ensure that the company’s Health and Safety Policy is met at all times
- Ensure the kitchen runs smoothly on a daily basis & is adequately stocked with all necessary goods.
- You must have at least 2-3 years experience as a very strong chef de partie or currently working to Sous chef level
- Must be able to lead a kitchen team in the head chefs absence.
- A driving licence may be required due to location
- Must be positive, creative and have an energetic attitude with a real passion for food.
- Great organisation & planning skills
- £24,000 - £26,000 dependant on experience
- Meals on duty when required
- Uniform provided
- Share of staff tips
JOB ID - MRC001