Sous Chef - £18-£20k - Fresh Food - Nottingham City
By MRC, Aug 17 2015 04:01PM
Location Nottingham City
Hours Full Time
Our Client is looking for a strong Sous Chef to join their team at a high end independently run bar and restaurant in Nottingham city centre. This British bar and restaurant is building its reputation for providing fresh locally sourced produce.
What they are looking for...
A strong and qualified Sous Chef who can assist them to further their reputation for providing great quality freshly made food.
You will be required to run the kitchen in the head chefs absence. Therefore you must have good communication skills and the ability to lead a team.
This is a full time, permanent position. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience working in kitchens.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of food preparation
- Ensure all Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to
- Participate in menu development
- To deliver high quality foods
- Assist in managing a dynamic kitchen team
- Ensure a high standard of presentation for staff and kitchen
- Manage the team in the Head Chefs absence
The right candidate will...
Be organised and have good communication skills
Have great people management skills
Demonstrate excellent kitchen management skills
Have experience in a similar environment
You will be rewarded with a salary suited to your skills plus a share of tips
Meals on duty will be provided.
JOB ID 73